Nabil Fekir's move to Liverpool is far from certainty
Advertisement

The playmaker has been heavily linked with a move to the Reds

Nabil Fekir has spent his entire professional career at Lyon and made his senior debut for the club back in 2013. He has been an integral part of the team since then and established himself as one of the best playmakers in the world.

The 24 year old has been very impressive this season, scoring 23 goals and assisting 9 in 40 appearances in all competitions and helping the team to qualify for Champions League next season. His form has attracted attention from many clubs across the Europe.

Liverpool have been linked with a move for the France International, with reports claiming Jurgen Klopp have already met with him in order to convince him to move to England, beating competition from rivals Chelsea.

The Forward has been tipped to be the first signing of the summer for the Premier League giants and is likely to cost them around €70 million though the club yet to make an official bid for him. It is believed they will make a move for him after the Champions League final on Saturday, where they will face Real Madrid.

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has said that Fekir’s move to Liverpool is far from certainty and claimed there has been no contacts between the two clubs or with any other clubs.

“We simply know that teams are interested,” Aulas, said. “His agent, Jean-Pierre Bernes has told us so.

“There have been no discussions either with Nabil or with other clubs, so it’s very premature.

“He’s also hesitating about whether he wants to play in the Champions League with Lyon.”

He has previously declared to  SFR Sport: “You will have to be very, very rich to sign Nabil Fekir this year.”

Read Also: The Reds shortlist highly rated duo for the summer

 

 

 

Advertisement

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.